Siem Reap and Bayon: Cambodia







l



















This was an incomplete early blog entry I discovered about a stunning trip to Cambodia. It remains one of my favourite places in the world. I look forward, one day, to returning to Siem Reap.
Having started the blog, today I decided to give it a little more depth. In the main I have added images from that journey.
I took a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Siem Reap. From it took about two hours. I already had a visa.


Despite the un-industrial nature of the country, I was able to obtain an electronic visa before I left. It made admission into Cambodia straightforward.

The temples of Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom are easily accessible from Siem Reap. I travelled, in turn, by taxi, tuk-tuk and bicycle. The tuk-tuks, which are covered trailers fastened to Honda or Suzuki 50ccs, can be hired by prior arrangement with the individual operator. I found them to be inexpensive and convenient.
I hope some of these tips tempt you. This part of Cambodia should be part of every adventurers' bucket list.The initial blog is in italics.



From our spring trip to Cambodia this is the Bayon temple at Angkor Thom.

Cambodia is a gem of a place. Poor and dusty it may be but the people bring a tranquil quality to the world. This is a country where mechanisation is at a rudimentary stage and all the better for that. It bustles without hustle it is poor but the society is enriched.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cordóba (Spain) - Best Locations

Bali Beaches - Tips from the East

Cadiz